Monday, November 12, 2012

About my words...

I created this blog to talk about other people and why I think they're great. I think. I just started it, so I really don't know where it will take me. Thankfully, I can just create another blog when I change direction, or change the name of this one. I am also assuming people are actually going to read this shit. I suppose before I start considering my current audience of vapor, I should tell you who I am and what the hell's bells I'm doing here.

I am a female writer from South Louisiana, and I have had a rather interesting life so far. At least I like to think so. I am currently residing in North Louisiana with my husband and two fur babies. We also have two fantastic sons from a previous union. We co-own the local party rental business, Majestic Tent and Event (which is great for meeting cool motherfrickers such as yourself), and we have a number of varying interests. I am also in a band with some of the bad-ass-est musicians in Shreveport. We (yes, I'm going to shamelessly plug the Soulfish Blues Band here) play a huge variety of music because we can, and we can be seen somewhere around the area twice every weekend except the weekends that we can't, but those are far and few between.

I have met a lot of different people from a lot of different cultures because I like that shit, and I have learned to not judge people. But when I still feel the compulsion to judge them, I'll do it here with as much praise as I can muster. And snarky humor. And correct grammar (which is ironic because these are sentence fragments, but if I have to explain this to you, you are not going to find this humorous, so save yourself the time, and that's funny because this is a run-on.) When I post about a person I think is crappy, I will probably use sarcasm, and that's the way it's gonna go because it's mine.

I will talk a lot about people I would secks. I do not mean this in the literal, although I may have contemplated the subjects' of my writing genitals in secret. I will probably not reveal who those people are, however, unless it is relative to the post. When I say, "people I would secks," I mean people that I think are noteworthy for one particular reason or another. So at the end of the day, if you think this blog is shit, you will still probably learn some cool things about some random dogooders, and that is worth the gander. Even if you don't care about those people, it will almost always be good for a chuckle. All of those good side effects of this blog will energize you because it's good juju. It's like coffee... for your brain.

So... Thanks for reading, and I will try not to make you sorry that this is how you are spending your time. Also, some people asked me to keep writing because I crack them up. I have an obligation to those people. I mean, I see them on almost a daily basis, and if this doesn't work out, we will have a lot of awkward silence until it blows up in a self-loathing, I-told-you-noone-gives-a-shit-about-what-I-say kind of argument. Ain't nobody got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment